It’s that time of the year!
Like many other organizations, we plan to host a virtual fundraiser for the museum this year. We are disappointed to miss the opportunity to gather together in support of the Dorothy Molter Museum and the legacy of Dorothy Molter, but we also see a new opportunity to engage with supporters who have historically been unable to travel to Ely for this celebration – perhaps even you!
This past year has been a challenge for us all, individually and collectively. In a “normal” year, our annual fundraising dinner provided an injection of funds to support the Museum into the spring until we are able to open to the public again. This year, the pandemic has added a whole new twist on “hoping for the best but planning for the worst.”
So, we are asking for your support during our online fundraiser launching February 4 at 32 Auctions online. It’s live now and you can peruse the items we already have available in this online silent auction (think Ebay).
We are also hosting a virtual gathering for Thursday, February 11. This webinar will feature a brief Museum update and a never-before-seen Super 8 video of Dorothy’s Memorial Service as well as our Annual Canoe Raffle drawing. Stay tuned for details and registration!
Virtual Gathering Webinar
- February 11 – 6:30pm (one hour)
- Brief update
- Annual canoe raffle drawing
- Historical footage of Dorothy’s Jan 10, 1987 Memorial Ride
Online Silent Auction
- February 4 -11, during the Ely Winter Festival
- Open for bidding on February 4 at 12:15am
- Register to make bids – it’s easy and free!
- Gift cards/certificates ship free
- Most physical items are available for shipping for an additional fee
- A few items have free shipping (as part of the business’ donation)
- Pick up at the Museum for free! We can hold most items until summer travel allows for pick up
- Large and/or items with proof of ID required are pick-up in-person only (indicated by item)
- Reservations required
- Feb 4-7 & 10-13
Not able to join the events? Consider sharing this blog post (or other social posts) to help us advertise. A little goes a long way!
Thank you so much for your consideration!